Applications for the University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships are now being accepted from qualified international students wishing to complete their undergraduate studies in the United States. This award is intended to provide financial assistance to international students with exceptional academic credentials who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree at the university. Continue reading, however, to learn more about this exciting scholarship program. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information about the scholarship program, we've got you covered.
The merit-based scholarship will be awarded to students based on their exceptional academic potential, demonstrated leadership, extracurricular success, and community service dedication. The University of Chicago's Merit-Based Scholarships program includes several scholarships that encourage academic excellence. They are as follows:
- University Scholarship: A University Scholarship will be awarded to outstanding students as partial tuition for a four-year scholarship.
- First Phoenix Scholarship: All first-generation college students will be awarded a $20,000 scholarship over four years.
- Evans Scholarship: The Evans Scholars Program awards full housing and college scholarships to deserving caddies.
- Stand Together: The UChicago Stand Together initiative offers enhanced financial aid and academic advising support for students from historically underrepresented groups and veterans.
- Trott Scholar: The Trott Scholarship, a four-year award, will be awarded to outstanding full-time students from rural communities.
- Veterans: UChicago participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
You may also like: University of Washington scholarships without IELTs USA
The host institution is the University of Chicago, United States.
Bachelor’s degree in any subject area offered by the the University of Chicago.
The scholarship winners will each receive at least $2,000 at the University of Chicago. Scholarships for four years of undergraduate study or funding for summer opportunities are also available.
Eligible candidates must meet the following:
- Applicants must have been accepted into an eligible course at the university for the academic year 2023/24.
- Applicants must have outstanding academic credentials from a reputable institution.
- Applicants must be willing to follow the rules and regulations governing student conduct at the university.
You may also like: Fully funded British Government scholarships
Applicants for the University of Chicago Merit-Based Scholarships 2023 must first apply for admission to an eligible course before being considered for the scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.
To apply, students should enroll in undergraduate degree coursework at the University of Chicago through common application or coalition application. All first-year applicants are automatically considered for all available merit awards; there is no need to submit an additional merit application.
In addition, the university may request the following:
- UChicago Supplement
- Personal Statement
- Secondary school report or transcripts
- Recommendation letters