The University of Buffalo is a prestigious university in New York, USA, that offers numerous honorable scholarships to both international and local students. Here is your chance to pursue higher education in one of the best states in the world through a scholarship program. Quality education, innovative learning techniques, and advanced & creative methodologies for Bachelor's, Master's, Doctoral, and Research programs have propelled the University of Buffalo to the top of the rankings. It is not incorrect to say that it is the most popular choice for international students seeking higher education.
Buffalo University offers more than 140 undergraduate programs, 315 graduate programs, several exchange programs, and numerous scholarships in a variety of fields.
Degree Options at University of Buffalo
Interested applicants can apply for admission to the following fields to brighten their future.
- Business Administration & Management
- Social Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Public Health
- Fine Arts
- Applied Mathematics
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
The list does not stop there. There are numerous other fields in which Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral degrees can be obtained.
English Language Requirements of University of Buffalo:
The English language is used in all classes at the University of Buffalo because it is the only medium of instruction. To be admitted to the University of Buffalo, all applicants must meet the language proficiency requirements. Applicants can submit their IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE language test scores or their language proficiency certificates. Candidates who are unable to submit IELTS scores may use the IELTS Alternative Tests, which are accepted by Buffalo University, to meet language proficiency requirements. Students from native English-speaking countries, on the other hand, are exempt from the aforementioned requirements.
IELTS Alternative Acceptable Tests Accepted by the University of Buffalo:
The University of Buffalo accepts the following IELTS alternative tests for admission purposes:
- TOEFL iBT/ PBT
- TOEFL ITP Plus
- AS Level or A-Level English
- IB (Higher Level English A Literature)
Funding Grant Package of University of Buffalo Scholarships:
As previously stated, Buffalo University has many notable scholarships that provide numerous financial coverages to international and local students pursuing undergrad, grad, or postgrad studies there. Among these valuable advantages are:
- A scholarship grant of up to $10,000 to $22,000
- Tuition fee waivers
- Health Insurance
- Monthly stipends
- Education Loans
- Accommodation at University Dorm
- Travel cost & Study Material costs
- Acceptance Rate of the University of Buffalo in 2022 Was: 67%
In 2022, the University of Buffalo had a 67% acceptance rate. As a result, gaining admission here is not easy. Candidates will need to put in extra effort and excel in all areas to meet the eligibility requirements and become a part of such a prestigious institution.
Admission Application Fee of the University of Buffalo: US$50
List of the Scholarships Offered by the University of Buffalo 2024:
There are numerous scholarships available for incoming freshmen, graduates, and postgraduate students. All you have to do is find a suitable scholarship program and apply.
- UB Presidential Scholarships
- UB Athletic Scholarships
- Pride of New York Scholarships
- International Admissions Freshman Merit Scholarships
- Provost Scholarships
- Dean’s Scholarships
- Daniel Acker’s Scholarships
- Millonzi Distinguished Honors Scholarships
Anita Borg Memorial Scholarships
- David L. Boren Fellowships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships, etc.
Eligibility Criteria of University of Buffalo Scholarships:
To avoid delays in the application process, candidates should review the eligibility criteria before applying for Buffalo University Scholarships. The following are the eligibility requirements for Undergraduate and Graduate scholarships:
- Applied candidates must have completed the grade 12 education from a recognized institution in the relevant field with a 3.0 to 4.0 GPA.
- Applied candidates must submit standardized test scores and abide by the language proficiency conditions.
- A degree in Bachelor’s or equivalent to apply for the Master’s program.
- Work experience for the MBA / MS programs.
- GMAT for MBA / GRE for MS is mandatory to submit.
- Submit the scholarship application in the fall semesters for a few scholarship programs.
Admission Application Process of the University of Buffalo:
Follow the steps outlined above to submit your admission application to Buffalo University by the deadline. After confirming admission to the desired degree program, candidates must submit a separate application for the scholarships. The University of Buffalo, on the other hand, only accepts applications online.
- Choose the application method first, carefully.
- Select the option “University of Buffalo” in application and Common Application.
- Make sure to choose the correct option as it might reach the wrong institution.
- Once you have set up the applicant account, an email with the pin and link to the online application portal will be sent.
- Now attach the required documents in the mentioned format and submit them on the online application portal.
- Review and check the application from the given portal system to avoid any mistakes.
Documents Required to submit with the University of Buffalo Admission Application:
The following is a list of all such required documents that must be submitted along with the scholarship application. However, make sure to submit the mentioned documents in the proper format.
- Academic Transcripts & Certificates
- Academic LOI
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- CV Written for scholarship application
- Work Experience
- Valid Passport copy
- Passport size Photograph
Application Deadline of the University of Buffalo:
Buffalo University's admission application deadlines are as follows: Fall program = February 1, 2023, Winter semester = November 15, 2023, and Scholarship Deadline = December 15, 2023.