This year's competition for the Government of Canada Scholarships for Study in Canada 2023 will award at least 60 scholarships, with the number expected to grow each year. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply now for a study place at their preferred Canadian post-secondary institution, which will then apply for the scholarships on their behalf.
The Study in Canada Scholarships provide students from new eligible countries/territories with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate, and graduate levels.
Canadian post-secondary institutions.
Undergraduate, Masters, PhD in various programs.
The scholarship is worth CAD 10,200 or CAD 12,700, depending on the length of study, and the funds should be used for:
Fees for visas or study/work permits, airfare for the scholarship recipient only via the most direct and economical route, health insurance, living expenses such as lodging, utilities, and food; ground transportation, including a public transportation pass, and books and supplies needed for the recipient's study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Eligible candidates must meet the following:
- Citizens of one of the following countries/territories are eligible:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan.
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine.
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.
- and enrolled as a full-time student at post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
Applicants for the Government of Canada Scholarships 2023 should contact eligible Canadian institutions, who will then:
- submit applications on behalf of eligible candidates
- publicize this scholarship opportunity to their faculty and staff, as well as partner institutions from eligible countries/territories.
- rank applications based on the institution's strategic priorities
- designate a single person to be responsible for application submission
- sign a Contribution Agreement with DFATD and disburse scholarship funds to successful candidates
- and submit qualitative and quantitative reports throughout the scholarship period.
- Application deadline March 21, 2023.