The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship scheme provides scholarships of up to £10,000 to international students from Vietnam, India, the United States, and European Union nations to study a full-time master's programme in Wales.
The Global Wales Programme, a collaboration between the Welsh Government, Universities Wales, The British Council, and HEFCW, is funding the scholarships.
You may also like: Fully Funded British Government scholarships
Below are the host institutions for the Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship:
• Aberystwyth University
• Bangor University
• Cardiff University
• Cardiff Metropolitan University
• Swansea University
• University of South Wales
• University of Wales Trinity St David
• Wrexham Glyndwr University
Full-time postgraduate study at one of the Welsh universities.
Each scholarship is worth up to £10,000 and is intended to cover the cost of tuition for one year of a postgraduate master's study. Any additional expenditures or expenses are the student's responsibility.
The eligibility requirements are the following:
- Applicant must be from one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Spain, USA, Canada, India, Vietnam.
- Have submitted an application to study an eligible postgraduate programme at one of the Welsh Universities (see above).
- Be due to start your postgraduate programme in September 2023.
- Be classed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes.
You may also like: University of Michigan scholarships
You must have filed an application to your university to be considered for the scholarships. In your scholarship application, you must give your University application number. For September 2023 admission, the scholarship application form must be submitted online by May 31, 2023.