The University of Missouri is currently accepting applications for the International Students Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024. These scholarships provide financial support to qualified international students, covering a portion of their tuition fees.
The University of Missouri, USA.
The scholarship is available for undergraduate and masters students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University. It is open to students in various fields of study.
The scholarship value varies depending on the type of scholarship awarded. The International Merit Scholarship provides $5,000, the International Honors Scholarship offers $10,000, and the Global Black & Gold Scholarship grants a full reduction of nonresident fees, amounting to $17,204.
To be considered for the University of Missouri International Students Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be international students.
2. Students must have a minimum ACT score of 32 (or SAT score of 1420), a core GPA of at least 3.5, and have applied to MU and the Honors College by December.
3. Prospective students who meet the ACT/SAT and GPA requirements and intend to apply should ensure that all application materials for admission to both MU and the Honors College are submitted in a timely manner.
4. High school transcripts and recommendation letters are especially important and must be submitted by December 1 for consideration for the Stamps Scholars program. Students who are not admitted to the Honors College will not be considered.
To apply for the scholarship as an international student, follow these steps:
1. Ensure that you meet the admission requirements for Mizzou, including completing the required core coursework with the necessary grades and meeting the English language requirements.
2. Check the dates and deadlines to stay on track with the application process.
3. Request that your official high school transcript and any college coursework transcripts be sent directly to the Office of International Admissions.
4. Verify whether your AP, IB, or college credits will transfer to Mizzou.
5. If submitting ACT or SAT scores, request that your official scores be sent directly to Mizzou from the ACT or College Board.
6. Explore the cost of attending Mizzou as an international student.
7. As an international student at Mizzou, you will become part of a diverse community with over 2,000 students and scholars from more than 100 countries.
The deadline for the scholarship application is not specified. Visit the official website for further details.