The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University is a prestigious opportunity for emerging leaders worldwide to address complex societal challenges. Scholars participate in the King Global Leadership Program, receiving funding for up to three years to pursue full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any subject offered at Stanford, with exceptions. This scholarship empowers individuals to make a positive global impact by cultivating purposeful leadership.
The scholarship is hosted by Stanford University in the United States.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program supports full-time Masters and PhD degrees in various fields, including DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD, with some exceptions. Notable exceptions include applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program, Master of Liberal Arts, Doctor of Science of Law (JSD), and current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study.
Knight-Hennessy scholars benefit from comprehensive financial support, including:
- Tuition and associated fees coverage.
- A stipend for living and academic expenses, encompassing room and board, books, supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses.
- An annual travel stipend for economy-class tickets.
- Additional funds for relocation, academic enrichment activities, and conference travel for scholars in their second and third years.
To be eligible for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Apply to and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, such as DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD.
Meet one of the following conditions:
- Applying concurrently to KHS and a Stanford graduate program with the same start year.
- Deferred admission to a Stanford graduate program and applying to KHS for the same start year.
- Current Stanford graduate students adding a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program with the same start year.
- Current Stanford PhD students applying to KHS for their second year of PhD enrollment.
Hold a U.S. bachelor’s degree earned in January 2017 or later, or meet equivalent qualifications.
To apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, follow these steps:
Submit separate applications for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship and your chosen Stanford graduate degree program.
Ensure that your scholarship and program applications align in terms of start year.
Provide your recommenders' information in both applications early to facilitate letter submission.
Complete all application sections thoroughly, including personal statements or essays.
Submit online applications by their respective deadlines. Updates to test scores can be made through your application status page if necessary.
Submit all required application materials in English via the online application platform.
Check your program's specific application deadline on the official Stanford website.
For detailed application information and to access the official scholarship website, visit Knight-Hennessy Scholars Official Website.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University offers a unique opportunity for aspiring leaders to receive comprehensive support for their graduate studies while fostering purposeful leadership and positive global impact. This fully-funded scholarship program welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and fields of study, making it a remarkable opportunity for those eager to address the world's challenges. Don't miss the chance to become part of this exceptional community and apply before the scholarship deadline on October 11, 2023.