The University of British Columbia (UBC) is proud to offer the UBC Undergraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025, designed to recognize the academic achievements of outstanding international students. With more than $20 million allocated annually towards financial support, UBC commits to making education accessible to students from around the globe. These scholarships include the Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award and the International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES), tailored to support students at different stages of their undergraduate journey.
The University of British Columbia, a global center for research and teaching, consistently ranks among the world’s top public universities. Situated in Canada, UBC offers a diverse range of programs and is dedicated to fostering innovation and preparing students for a global impact.
UBC’s Undergraduate Scholarships are available for students entering any undergraduate program offered at the university. Fields of study span across various disciplines, including but not limited to People, Culture and Society; Business and Economics; Engineering and Technology; Health and Life Sciences; and Math, Chemistry, and Physics. This wide array of programs ensures that every scholar finds a path that aligns with their academic interests and career aspirations.
The value of the UBC Undergraduate Scholarships varies, reflecting the university's commitment to providing substantial support to international students. The OIS Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship, while the IMES is renewable for up to three additional years of study. The exact number and level of scholarships awarded annually depend on the available funding, demonstrating UBC’s flexible approach to supporting international scholars.
Eligibility for the UBC Undergraduate Scholarships encompasses several key criteria:
- Applicants must be international students, new to UBC and entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary institutions, who will study under a Canadian study permit.
- Candidates should demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, intellectual promise, and extracurricular involvement.
- Applicants must not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award, ensuring the scholarships target those with the most potential for success.
To apply for the UBC Undergraduate Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Create an Account: Begin by creating a new account on the UBC admissions website.
- Complete Your Personal Profile: Fill in your personal information, academic history, and program preferences.
- Apply for UBC Admission: Ensure you submit your application by the specified deadlines. For scholarship consideration, the deadline is January 15, 2024.
- Demonstrate English Proficiency: Submit documents verifying you meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard by February 15.
It's crucial for prospective students to apply early and ensure that all documents and application components are submitted by the deadlines to be considered for these prestigious scholarships.