The University Canada West Scholarships for the academic years 2024-2025 present a significant opportunity for international students to further their education in Canada. Offering financial support up to $20,000 for undergraduate programs and $10,000 for master's degrees, these scholarships aim to aid students in pursuing career-focused programs at a modern, independent university in Vancouver. Specifically designed for international students, the International Student Leaders Award targets individuals committed to contributing to their home country's economic development.
University Canada West (UCW), established in 2004 and situated in the dynamic city of Vancouver, serves as the host institution. Known for its career-oriented educational offerings, UCW provides programs such as the Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, Associate of Arts, and Master of Business Administration.
The scholarships are available for both undergraduate and master's level studies across several fields, including MBA, Commerce, Business Communication, and Arts. This broad spectrum of programs ensures that students can select a path that aligns with their career goals and academic interests, fostering a conducive environment for professional growth and development.
University Canada West Scholarships are structured into two tiers, offering different levels of financial support:
- Tier 1: Awards up to $20,000 for undergraduate degrees in Commerce and Business Communication, $10,000 for the Associate of Arts degree, and $10,000 for the MBA program.
- Tier 2: Provides $8,000 for undergraduate degrees in Commerce and Business Communication, $4,000 for the Associate of Arts degree, and $5,000 for the MBA program.
This tiered system allows the scholarships to accommodate a diverse range of students based on the strength and quality of their personal statements and academic achievements.
To be eligible for the University Canada West Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess the minimum academic requirements for entry into University Canada West.
- Have received an offer of admission from UCW.
- The determination of the award tier and amount will be based on the quality of the applicant's Personal Statement, reflecting their academic and personal accomplishments, as well as their future aspirations.
Interested candidates are required to undertake a two-step application process to be considered for the scholarships:
Scholarship & Award Application: Submit a completed Scholarship & Award Application form concurrently with the application for admission to UCW.
Personal Statement: Provide a detailed personal statement outlining how the chosen program will impact your career, educational, and personal goals. Additionally, describe your plans to contribute to your country or region's economic development and address potential challenges you may face.
Applications should be submitted by the university's admission deadlines, ensuring that prospective students apply in a timely manner to take advantage of this financial support opportunity.