The Ontario Trillium Scholarship is a Western University project in Ontario, Canada, designed to encourage highly qualified overseas students to study in Canada on a fully financed program. The fellowship, worth $40,000 per year and renewable for up to four years, is aimed at attracting outstanding international students to Ontario for PhD study. In order to be considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarships, prospective applicants should write an expression of interest to the graduate program chair as part of their application for admission to Western University. If the students are qualified, the Graduate Chair will nominate them for the award.
You may also like: Commonwealth UK scholarship
The host institution is Western University, Canada.
A postgraduate degree in any eligible program.
$40,000 each year for up to four years, beginning concurrently with the start of the recipient's PhD program.
Eligible candidates must meet the following:
- Applicants for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship must have received a minimum of 80% in each of the two most recently completed years of full-time university study, or an equal level of study. This is in addition to the qualifying requirements listed below.
- At the time of application and acceptance of the scholarship, the candidate must be an international student.
- The applicant must intend to be on campus to begin full-time PhD studies in any subject at Western at the beginning of either Summer or Fall Term immediately following the yearly call for nominations.
- At the time of nomination, the candidate must not be enrolled in a university degree program at an Ontario university.
- The candidate must have remarkable research experience and potential, as well as an outstanding academic record at the university level.
- To be eligible for the award, you must have earned a valid temporary residence visa as a member of the student class under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) at the start date of the PhD program and complete additional renewal requirements.
You may also like: Swiss Government excellence scholarships
To be accepted for the award, interested candidates must apply for postgraduate studies at Western University in Canada and declare their interest in the Ontario Trillium Scholarship.